Sling: Setup guide for PaxFlow
Sling is a powerful shift scheduling system which we recommend to use. They also provide and app for the employees with which they can do different actions with their schedule. PaxFlow is able to read schedules from Sling if they are connected correctly. In some cases is it also able to create shifts if necessary.
PaxFlow distinguishes between three main positions which need to be mapped to Sling positions. Any position which is not mapped to one of the three main positions will appear in the other category.
- Driver: Employee which does drive vehicles but does not guide the tour. This position is available for scheduling pickup and drop-off shifts.
- Guide: Employee which does not drive vehicles but only guides the tour and is therefore accompanied by a driver in case the tour involves a vehicle. This position will be visible on the "on field" shift overviews.
- Driverguide: Employee which guides a tour and drives a vehicle at the same time. This position is available for pickup and drop-off shifts.
- Other: Any position besides the ones mentioned above.
- The main positions can also be overwritten with other titles in case the vehicles used require a different title (Pilot, Captain).
- Departure shifts: Each departure needs to be mapped with a Sling location. Shifts on these locations with the positions driver, guide or driverguide are displayed in overviews. Depending on the locations and positions employees are added to in Sling is it possible to create shifts for them through PaxFlow. The timing of the shifts is determined by the duration of the start time in the back end booking system and what has been entered in the General settings of PaxFlow.
- Pickup & Drop-off shifts: Both need to be mapped with a location in Sling each. Only employees with the positions driver and driverguide are available for scheduling through the Fleet Manager. The timing of the shifts is determined by what has been entered in the General settings of PaxFlow.
- Field shifts: It is possible to display mapped shifts for the position guide which are not connected to departures as Field shifts in PaxFlow. The name of the shift location can be overwritten in PaxFlow. It's not possible to create shifts for these locations through PaxFlow.
- Office shifts: It is possible to map different office locations. Shifts on mapped locations which are on any position in Sling besides the mapped positions will be displayed in office shift overviews. The name of the shift location can be overwritten in PaxFlow. It's not possible to create shifts for these locations through PaxFlow.
- Vehicle types: with groups is it possible to restrict employees of the positions driver or driverguide to be available for certain vehicle types when scheduling shifts through the Fleet Manager.
- First & last name, phone number, profile picture, email address are pulled from Sling to the Phonebook
Connection between PaxFlow and Sling
- Sling company ID
- Sling API user ID
- Sling API key
- Sling user ID for each user
- Positions, Locations and Groups can be selected from a drop down or PaxFlow can create them in Sling